The Day Before Your Surgery
By this time, you will have received instructions pertaining to the night before your surgery. These instructions contain specific information about fasting and other guidelines to follow. You will need to call the center (203-283-4710) after 1 pm to confirm your arrival time for surgery. If you notice any recent change in your health, particularly fever or a cold, please notify your surgeon and the Surgical Center as soon as possible.
Patients will not be allowed to drive, walk or take public transportation following sedation or anesthesia. Please make the appropriate arrangements to be driven home by a family member or friend. If you will be given general anesthesia, please make arrangements for a companion to be with you for at least twelve hours after the surgery.
If the patient is a minor, at least one parent/guardian needs to remain on the premises at all times and must accompany the child home.
The Morning of Your Surgery
- Arrive early or on time
- Do not wear makeup or nail polish
- Wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing
- Leave all jewelry and valuables at home
- Bring cases for eyeglasses, contacts and dentures
- Bring insurance ID cards, driver’s license and your co-payment
- Make sure you have a ride home and someone to care for you at home